Hi Zachary,

> Child(Genode::Env& env, Child_policy::Name name) : _env(env), _name(name) { }

I have no experience with the parent/child interfaces, my naïve first thought
would be
to add tracing (Genode::log()) in the body of the constructor above, at least
to "bracket"
the output sent to Qemu's virtual serial port. If all else fails, you could
even "go down
the rabbit hole" and add tracing to the Genode code itself (following down the
chain of classes and methods), I learned quite a bit of the system this way
myself,
though it's of course time consuming.

Talking of logging, you might want to post the logging output from Qemu here,
it could
be a starting point for those on the list with better knowledge and odds to
help you.

Cedric