> Disregard if I'm off-base here, as I'm not clear on the C++ semantics of the
> above...
> Is it guaranteed that the "env" reference above, will be initialized
> correctly before
> being passed to server/client ? I guess what I'm asking is, is the ctor
> init-list executed
> first, and the "inline" inits second, or is it the reverse ?

I hadn't even thought about that! Thanks to your suggestion, I was able to
figure out the issue. After doing to some research, I discovered C++
initializes members in the order they are declared in the class (regardless of
the order they appear in the initialization list). The issue was that I was
declaring the Child object in the Child_policy struct before I declared the
reference to the Registry. Switching those two declarations solved the issue.

Thanks again for your help!