Sorry Jeff, you're right.  I had started this a long time ago just as a fun
thing
to hack on every now and then and it's recently gotten good enough that it seems
like it can make it into 2.6.  So it's a bit of an oddball - even if we had a
place for me to claim that I was working on it it's doubtful that I would have
actually claimed it until about a week or two ago...

The good news is there's no other surprises like this lurking - we've generally
been focused on 2.6, bugs, and startup perf - but ctypes is the #1 feature
request so it seemed worthy of working on it.

Maybe we should add a 2.6 Plan page to the CodePlex site?  I'm sure there's more
information than just what new features we expect to be included that could
go there.