Vernon Cole wrote:
On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Michael Foord
<fuzzy...@voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
Vernon Cole wrote:
Actually, the code editor for IDLE (and pythonwin) is written in
Python, so no, it does not have to be left out.
Since pythonwin is a
native WinForms application,
PythonWin does not use Windows Forms it uses win32.

Michael

Errr, Ummm, I didn't know there was a difference.
Please educate me. (supply links if helpful)
The longer I spend in this industry, the more I discover I don't know.

Windows Forms is .NET functionality layered on top of the Win32 APIs (using User32.dll, GDI+ etc). It introduces new controls and a whole programming model on top of those primitives.

Pywin32 provides direct access to win32 and has nothing to do with Windows Forms.

There are other complications with MFC (I've always assumed that was just a strict subset of what is loosely termed win32 - but I am playing fast and loose with terminology here).

All the best,

Michael Foord

--
VC