Hi Dino,

> When you say you're running the 2.6 interpreter does that mean you're using
> 2.6 to compile
> and then run against 2.0?  If so that probably won't work.

No - all building is done using 2.01 and 2.01 assemblies are used in
the target bin folder. I've uninstalled 2.6 now just to rule it out
altogether.

> Is there any chance you could attach a debugger to the dieing process
> and get the managed stack trace where things are blowing up?

Think I've narrowed it down partly to the use of __name__ in the main
script (which is not set to '__main__' when compiled) - easy to avoid
that one. This would explain why the app sometimes did nothing! As I
kept getting different results when troubleshooting this with
different errors I suspect something was up with this PC install also.
Can't get a repro or the real thing to consistently write an error to
the event log so nothing to report for now :-)

Thanks for the suggestions,
Davy Mitchell