Hi Dave,
                 Thanks for the reply- I'm running in the Visual Studio under
debug. I don't know how to set pythonpath on a windows machine
Most of the info is for C shell and linux. I find that the with statement works
fine when just using the command line ipy.exe but it can't pick up
The references to imported modules. The references work fine when running in
Visual Studio though ????

import System
from System import Console
from System import Array
from System import IO
import clr
import sys
sys.path.append(r"C:\Users\i-ellang\Documents\Infer.NET2.2\bin\Debug")
clr.AddReferenceToFile("Infer.Compiler.dll")
clr.AddReferenceToFile("Infer.Runtime.dll")

think this only works when the .dlls are in the IronPython ipy.exe directory
though.
 'C:\\Users\\i-ellang\\IronPython 2.6'

Hope you can help,

Elise