Hi,

I am embedding IronPython in an application for scripting. I'm also making
some C# classes "dynamic" by implementing the special DLR methods like
GetBoundMember. My signatures for those special methods include the code
context:

        [System.Runtime.
CompilerServices.SpecialName]
        public object GetBoundMember(CodeContext codeContext, string name)
        {
            . . .
        }

I make use of the code context to get access to an object that essentially
represents an application-defined context. I like the idea of being able to
support other dynamic languages like IronRuby in the future, and I was
bolstered by the fact that I could implement the special DLR methods with
Microsoft.Scripting namespaces only (no IronPython namespaces).

But in the newer versions of IronPython, the CodeContext type has been moved
to an IronPython namespace, thus locking me in to IronPython. To remain
independent of any dynamic language, am I going to have to implement the
special DLR methods without the code context and find some other way to get
at my app object?

Thanks,
Paul