So setting the RuntimeVersion in the Chiron.exe.config to 4.0.50401.0 (and also updating our Silverlight binaries to the standard IronPython 2.6.1 version - which I *thought* I had already done) works!

We now have a Silverlight Rich Text Editor working in our app. Still a bit of work to fully integrate it, but it is now possible.

    http://skitch.com/fuzzyman/dy8qe/silverlight-template

Many Thanks!

Michael