From: Oleksii Bidiuk
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2010 1:04 PM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: Re: [IronPython] SciPy

Hi All,

I am not intended to add oil to the fire, but I am curious whether somebody can
comment on the statement of Mark

>> Our company uses C#.  I quickly discovered that C# and Python don’t play
>> well together ….

I have a similar situation, meaning C# application that needs to be a)
scriptable b) usable for image/data processing using e.g. NumPy and SciPy.
While IronPython seems to be the 'easy bet', I wonder if it is also a 'safe
bet' for the long term future and whether there are tangible alternatives like
e.g. PythonNET (I hope there are others, preferrably backed up by some
heavyweight/commercial players).

Can anyone comment on this one? Anybody is using or going to use IronPython in
commercial apps?

Thanks in advance.

--
Oleksii