1. I the problem that lucene is trying to build an index in a wrong
directory (i.e. a directory where it has no right to write to)

That seems to be the case.

2. If so: is there any way to change de default directory setting? I
can't find it in the "luceneindex.xml" file.

The easiest way si to make a symbolic libk to a directory where that is posisble - the Web-INF/data dir should always point to a directory where the web-app can write. I.e. the binary data of some mmbases (depending database configuration) are also stored there.

--
Pierre van Rooden
Mediapark, C 107 tel. +31 (0)35 6772815