I unfortunately do not have access to an Absoft compiler to test this with; it looks like GNU Libtool is getting the wrong arguments to pass to the f95 compiler to build a shared library.

A quick workaround for this issue would be to disable the MPI F90 bindings with the --disable-mpi-f90 switch to configure.

Could you try the Open MPI nightly trunk tarball and see if it works there? We use a different version of Libtool to make those tarballs.