    if( ++opal_util_initialized != 1 ) {

This makes no sense; there is no reason there should be a segv on this line. opal_util_initialized is a global variable instantiated in that file; it is not on the heap.

My gut feeling is that this is a compiler bug. I unfortunately do not have the time to track this down any further.

On Jul 23, 2007, at 10:05 AM, Andrea wrote:

From: Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]>

Can you be a bit more specific than "it dies"? Are you talking about
mpif90/mpif77, or your app?

Sorry, tuspid me. When executing mpif90 or mpif77 I have a segfault and it doesn't compile. I've tried both with or without input (i.e., giving it something to compile or just executing it expecting to see the normal "no files given" kind of message). The intel suite compiled openmpi without
problems.

Hello,

I've the same problem: when I try to run any mpi-command (like mpicc, mpirun, ompi_info, ...) I recive a "Segmentation Fault". I've tried both openMPI version
1.2.3 and version 1.2.4b0, but all I get is:

$ ompi_info --all
Segmentation fault

Some info on my system:

 - GNU/Linux, 2.6.22 Kernel, Slackware 12.0
- Genuine Intel(R) CPU, T2400 @ 1.83GHz GenuineIntel (Toshiba A-100 Laptop)

 - Intel C Compiler 9.1.047
 - Intel Fortran Compiler 9.1.041

The configure script options I've used are:

    --prefix=/usr CC=icc CXX=icpc F77=ifort FC=ifort

If you need more info just tell me.

Thank you for you attention.

Andrea