So you did:
ssh <insert-host-name-here> which orted

and it found the orted?

Tim

Amit Kumar Saha wrote:
Hi sebi!

On 10/2/07, Sebastian Schulz <sham...@mac.com> wrote:
 Amit Kumar Saha wrote:
what i find bizarre is that I used Open MPI 1.2.3 to install on all my
4 machines. whereas, 'orted' is installed in /usr/local/bin on all the
other 3 machines, the 4th machine which is giving me trouble has got
it installed in '/usr/bin' . Yes, 'orted' is accessible from a ssh
login as well.
Note that on Ubuntu (at least on 7.04) the default ~/.bashrc contains the
following line:

# If not running interactively, don't do anything
[ -z "$PS1" ] && return

Unfortunately, this does not solve the problem. I have got all 2 of my
other 3 machines running Ubuntu 7.04 as well. but they are doing fine!

Hope you can provide me some more info!

Thanks,
--Amit