Open MPI 1.3 will support use of the hostfile and the tm launcher
simultaneously. It will work slightly differently, though, with respect to
the hostfile:

1. PBS_NODEFILE will be read to obtain a complete list of what has been
allocated to us

2. you will be allowed to provide a hostfile for each app_context as a
separate entry to define the hosts to be used for that specific app_context.
The hosts in your hostfile, however, must be included in the PBS_NODEFILE.

Basically, the hostfile argument will serve as a filter to the hosts
provided via PBS_NODEFILE. We will use the TM launcher (unless, of course,
you tell us to do otherwise), so the issues I mentioned before will go away.

There will be a FAQ entry describing the revised hostfile behavior in some
detail. We think the change will help rationalize the behavior so it is more
consistent across all the different use-cases people have invented. ;-)

Hope that helps
Ralph