Hi Jody

Simple answer - the 1.2.x series does not support multiple hostfiles. I
believe you will find that documented in the FAQ section.

What you have to do here is have -one- hostfile that includes all the hosts,
and then -host each app-context to indicate which of those hosts are to be
used for that specific app-context.

Or you can just use -host for each app_context, with no hostfile specified.

If you specify a hostfile and -host, then -all- the nodes listed in your
-host's must be in the hostfile or we will error out.

This will change in 1.3 where we will support a separate hostfile for each
app_context, as well as one for the entire job, in combination with -host
args as well. You can see that documented on the open-mpi wiki.

Hope that helps
Ralph