I humbly bow before my MPI masters!  Thank you guys!

make clean && make all install seemed to fix it.  The example code
compiles and runs fine...but...

when I compile my production code, I get:

fortcom: Error: driver.f90: line 211: There is no matching specific
subroutine for this generic subroutine call.   [MPI_SEND]

Seems odd that it would spit up on MPI_SEND, but has no problem with
MPI_RECV...  What do you guys think?  And thanks again for your help
and patience?