I works find with konsole.
Thank you for the advise.

Thomas.

Samuel Sarholz wrote:
Hi,

I think the problem is that xterm (probably) has the userid bit set and thus deletes the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Try setting the path again before you start gdb, e.g:
mpirun -n 2 -x DISPLAY=:0.0 xterm -e LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<mpi lib location>

or use the -Wl,-rpath=<mpi lib location> to compiler the search path into the executable.

best regards,
Samuel

P.S.: This xterm behavior causes us a lot of problems as well. Other terminals like konsole don't have that problem.

Thomas Ropars wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to use gdb and xterm with open mpi on my computer (Ubuntu 8.04). When I run an application without gdb on my computer in works find but if I try to use gdb in xterm I get the following error:

mpirun -n 2 -x DISPLAY=:0.0 xterm -e gdb ./ring.out

(gdb) run
Starting program: /media/sda5/tempo/openmpi/tests/ring.out
/media/sda5/tempo/openmpi/tests/ring.out: error while loading shared libraries: libmpi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Program exited with code 0177.

When I try to use a shell script to launch gdb as mentioned bellow, I get the same error.

Thomas