Hi Heitor,

Heitor Florido wrote:
I have installed OpenMPI on both computers and my application works on on
both of them, but when I try to communicate between them, the method
MPI_Lookup_name can't resolve the name published by the other machine.

I've tried to run the example from mpi-forum that uses MPI_Open_port too,
but it didn't work either.
After reading about it on some FAQs e some other threads from the forum, I
believe that I need to config my ssh options.

Honestly, when I installed Open MPI, I didn't perform any configuration of the ssh options, as far as I can remember. I'm not sure if someone else can help you. I can imagine networks being set up incorrectly, but I can't imagine what incorrect ssh option there would be to prevent one computer from finding another. In addition to some FAQs, Gus suggested running a simple example called hello_c.c. Have you tried that?

It is hard to give any suggestions unless you give more information such as a shortened version of your source code and what is the command line that you ran mpirun with. It might help if you ran some existing code (such as http://mpi.deino.net/mpi_functions/MPI_Lookup_name.html), too.

Ray