Hi Heitor

You may have trouble making this work with OMPI 1.2 depending upon how you actually execute things. The Publish_name and Lookup_name functions in that release series are somewhat constrained in their operation. You may find 1.3 to be a better fit.

That said, you -can- make it work in OMPI 1.2. The key is that both client and server must be started from the same node - i.e., the mpirun must be executed on the same node (the proc itself can be elsewhere). Here is roughly what you have to do for OMPI 1.2:

1. start a persistent orted that will serve as the host for the data:

$> orted --seed --persistent --universe foo

2. start your server off - for this example, I will have it run on a specified node:

$> mpirun -np 1 -host server-host --universe foo ./my_server &

3. start your client off:

$> mpirun -np 1 -host client-host --universe foo ./my_client &

This will put both client and server in the same "universe", which is equivalent to being in the same "namespace" - thus, the client should be able to find the server's published info.

Note that you will have to "kill" the orted when you are done - 1.2 doesn't include a polite way to terminate it, unfortunately.

Of course, you'll still need to solve any ssh issues.

Hope that helps
Ralph