Hi Nick,

----- "Nick Wright" <nwri...@sdsc.edu> wrote:

> For the first case you describe, as OPENMPI is now, the call sequence
>
> from fortran is
>
> mpi_comm_rank -> MPI_Comm_rank -> PMPI_Comm_rank
>
> For the second case, as MPICH is now, its
>
> mpi_comm_rank -> PMPI_Comm_rank

AFAIK, all known/popular MPI implemention's fortran binding
layer is implemented with C MPI functions, including
MPICH2 and OpenMPI.   If MPICH2's fortran layer was implemented
the way you said, typical profiling tools including MPE will
fail to work with fortran applications.

e.g. check mpich2-xxx/src/binding/f77/sendf.c.

A.Chan