Hi Douglas,

this an answer to my question on the paraview-mailinglist.

I have the same problem with paraview, that it simply waits for more to
do in client-server(MPI) mode, but is running on 100%.

Different MPI-Implementations seem to behave different here. Using
MPICH2 for example does not result in 100% cpu-time for paraview while
waiting.

I desperate to know if that is possible with open-mpi, too. These FAQs
where interesting, but did not help:
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#oversubscribing
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#force-aggressive-degraded

Greetings