It is very hard to debug the problem with so little information. We regularly run OMPI jobs on Torque without issue.

Are you getting an allocation from somewhere for the nodes? If so, are you using Moab to get it? Do you have a $PBS_NODEFILE in your environment?

I have no idea why your processes are crashing when run via Torque - are you sure that the processes themselves crash? Are they segfaulting - if so, can you use gdb to find out where?

Information would be most helpful - the information we really need is specified here: http://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

Thanks
Ralph