On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM, Ralph Castain <r...@lanl.gov> wrote:
> So I gather that by "direct" you mean that you don't get an allocation from
> Maui before running the job, but for the other you do? Otherwise, OMPI
> should detect the that it is running under Torque and automatically use the
> Torque launcher unless directed to do otherwise.

I think I've figured out the sore point. It seems "ulimit" is needed.
Things seem sensitive to where exactly I put the ulimit directive
though. Funnily, the nodes reported an unlimited stack before too but
putting this extra directive in there seems to have helped!

I'm doing more testing to be sure that the problem has been solved!

Thanks for the leads guys!

--
Rahul