Luis Vitorio Cargnini wrote:

Your suggestion is a great and interesting idea. I only have the fear to get used to the Boost and could not get rid of Boost anymore, because one thing is sure the abstraction added by Boost is impressive, it turn the things much less painful like MPI to be implemented using C++, also the serialization inside Boost::MPI already made by Boost to use MPI is astonishing attractive, and of course the possibility to add new types like classes to be able to send objects through MPI_Send of Boost, this is certainly attractive, but again I do not want to get dependent of a library as I said, this is my major concern.
.

I'm having problems understanding your base argument here. It seems to be that you are afraid that Boost.MPI will make your prototype program so much better and easier to write that you won't want to remove it. Wouldn't this be exactly the reason why keeping it would be good?

I like and use Boost.MPI. I voted for inclusion during the review in the Boost developer community. However, what you should do in your program is use those tools that produce the right trade off between the best performance, easiest to develop correctly, and most maintainable program you can. If that means using Boost.MPI, then remember that questions about it are answered at the Boost Users mailing list. If your decision is that that does not include Boost.MPI then you will have some other challenges to face but experience shows that you can still produce a very high quality program.

Choose as you see fit, just be sure to understand your own reasons. (Whether any of the rest of us on this list understand them or not.)

                        John