The problem is that you gave us a relative path - is that where the file is
located?

The system is looking for usr/local/etc/openmpi-default-hostfile relative to
your current working directory. If you want us to look in /usr/local/etc, then
you have to give us that absolute path.

We don't care what the filename is - we do care that we have a correct path to
it.