I am new to mpi, so I'm sorry for any silly questions.

My idea was to try to use dual core machine as two nodes. I have a limited
access to a cluster, so this was just for "testing" purposes.
My default hostfile contains usual comments and this two nodes:

node0
node1

I thought that each processor is a node for MPI purpose.
Im not sure what do you mean with "mpirun cmd line"?

Regards,

Mario