I'm working on the import/export problem, and trying to fix it with a better mechanism. I'll let you know when it's ready.

Thanks,
Shiqing

On 2010-4-19 11:00 AM, ben.kupp...@shell.com wrote:

Shiqing,

I am having more import/export issues once I start using the openmpi binaries that I built with the Microsoft compiler. I get unresolved symbol errors for MPI::Comm::Comm and for MPI::Datatype::Free when I link our own program. The C functions MPI_Comm_create and MPI_Type_free are exported but the C++ equivalents apparently are not. Our source code builds and runs without issues with the Linux version of openmpi.

Do you have any suggestions?

-Ben

*From:* Shiqing Fan [mailto:f...@hlrs.de]
*Sent:* Friday, April 16, 2010 10:59 AM
*To:* Open MPI Users
*Cc:* Kuppers, Ben SIEP-PTT/SDRM
*Subject:* Re: [OMPI users] import/export issues on Windows

Hi Ben,

I believe changing OMPI_DECLSPEC to __declspec(dllexport) inside functions.h will allow the cxx module to build (and export the function) but will break any client using (and thus trying to import) it. OMPI_DECLSPEC should only be defined as __declspec(dllexport) while compiling the cxx module (say when libmpi_cxx_EXPORTS is defined).

Yes, as long as there are more functions to export, they have to be defined in that way. I don't see any option for Intel Compiler to manage this automatically.

BTW, I also noticed that the Intel compiler has issues with the preprocessor definitions for ompi_info "OMPI_CONFIGURE_DATE=\"03:18 PM Wed 04/14/2010 \"" and

"OMPI_BUILD_DATE=\"03:18 PM Wed 04/14/2010 \"". The quotes around the definitions throw it off completely. Is that something that CMake does or do you instruct CMake to do this? Both the Intel and Microsoft compiler work correctly without them.

In which project did you see those preprocessor definitions? Because for me, I don't see them. Actually, they are not used as preprocessors in the whole solution, but they are only some cached variables in CMake. Could you please try to do a clean configuration with CMake, and see if they still exists?

Thanks,
Shiqing

Thanks,

Ben