Open MPI Version = 1.4.2
OS = Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and CentOS 5.3

When I run the mpi program below in the terminal, the function fgets hangs.
How do I know it? I do a printf before and later the call of fgets and only
the message "before fgets()" is showed.

However, when I run the same program at Eclipse 3.6 with CDT
7.0.0.201006141710 or using gdb it runs normally.
If you change the command in the function popen  to another one(for
instance: "ls -l"), it will run correctly.

I use the following commands to compile and run the program:

compile : mpicc teste.c -o teste.run

run : mpirun -np 4 ./teste.run

Does anyone know why the program behaves like that?

Thanks in advance,

Matheus Bersot.

MPI_PROGRAM:

#include <stdio.h>
#include "mpi.h"

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
   int rank, nprocs;
   FILE * pFile = NULL;
   char mystring [100];

    MPI_Init(&argc,&argv);
    MPI_Comm_size(MPI_COMM_WORLD,&nprocs);
    MPI_Comm_rank(MPI_COMM_WORLD,&rank);

   if(rank == 0)
   {
   pFile = popen ("ompi-ps" , "r");
   if (pFile == NULL) perror ("Error opening file");
   else {
     while(!feof(pFile))
     {
       printf("before fgets()\n");