Actually there is a way to modify the configure file that will not require the autogen.sh to be ran. If you go into configure and search for "Sun F" a few lines down will be one of three assignments:
lt_prog_compiler_wl
lt_prog_compiler_wl_F77
lt_prog_compiler_wl_FC

If you change them all to '-Qoption ld' and then do the configure things should work.

Good luck,

--td