Hi Siegmar

On Dec 14, 2012, at 5:54 AM, Siegmar Gross
<siegmar.gr...@informatik.hs-fulda.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> some weeks ago (mainly in the beginning of October) I reported
> several problems and I would be grateful if you can tell me if
> and probably when somebody will try to solve them.
>
> 1) I don't get the expected results, when I try to send or scatter
>   the columns of a matrix in Java. The received column values have
>   nothing to do with the original values, if I use a homogeneous
>   environment and the program breaks with "An error occurred in
>   MPI_Comm_dup" and "MPI_ERR_INTERN: internal error", if I use
>   a heterogeneous environment. I would like to use the Java API.
>
> 2) I don't get the expected result, when I try to scatter an object
>   in Java.
>   https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/3351

Nothing has happened on these yet

> 3) I still get only a message that all nodes are already filled up
>   when I use a "rankfile" and nothing else happens. I would like
>   to use a rankfile. You filed a bug fix for it.

I believe rankfile was fixed, at least on the trunk - not sure if it was moved
to 1.7. I assume that's the release you are talking about?

> 4) I would like to have "-cpus-per-proc", "-npersocket", etc for
>   every set of machines/applications and not globally for all
>   machines/applications if I specify several colon-separated sets
>   of machines or applications on the command line. You told me that
>   it could be done.
>
> 5) By the way, it seems that the option "-cpus-per-proc" isn't any
>   longer supported in openmpi-1.7 and openmpi-1.9. How can I bind a
>   multi-threaded process to more than one core in these versions?

I'm afraid I haven't gotten around to working on cpus-per-proc, though I
believe npersocket was fixed.