MPI.OBJECT is no longer supported because of it was based on serialization, and it made the java bindings more complicated. It brought more problems than benefits. For example, it was necessary a shadow communicator...

You can define complex struct data using direct buffers and avoiding serialization. MPI.OBJECT could be implemented in a higher level layer, but serialization is very bad for performance...

Regards,
Oscar

Quoting Saliya Ekanayake <esal...@gmail.com>:

Thank you Oscar. I was using an earlier nightly tarball and in it there was
MPI.OBJECT datatype, which I could use with any serializable complex
object. It seems this is no longer supported as per your answer or did I
get it wrong?

Thank you,
Saliya