Hello,

After compiling and running a MPI program, it seems to hang at
MPI_Init(), but it eventually will work after a minute or two.

While the problem occured on my Notebook it did not on my desktop PC.
It can be a timeout on a network interface.
I see a similar issue with wireless ON but not with wireless OFF
on my notebook.

In the past I saw with some virtual driver of Telecom company
for the 3G driver.

Both run on Win 7, cygwin 64 Bit, OpenMPI version 1.8.3 r32794
(ompi_info), g++ v 4.8.3. I actually synced the cygwin installations
later on, and it still didn't work, but it did for a short time after a
restart...
Regards
Marco

Thank you :)
Deactivating my WLAN did indeed the trick!
It also seems to not work, if a LAN-cable is plugged in. No difference if I am correctly connected (to the internet/gateway) or not (wrong IP, e.g. static given IP instead of mandatory DHCP)
Again: deactivating the relevant LAN helps
It seems, that in contrast to LAN, for WLAN it makes a difference, if I'm connected to some network or not. If not connected, it seems to work, without deactivating the whole hardware.