It doesn't seem to work. (switching off wlan still works)
mpicc mpiinit.c -o mpiinit.exe; time mpirun --mca btl sm,self -n 2 ./mpiinit.exe

real    0m43.733s
user    0m0.888s
sys     0m0.824s

Am 28.10.2014 13:40, schrieb Jeff Squyres (jsquyres):
On Oct 27, 2014, at 1:25 PM, maxinator333 <maxinator...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Deactivating my WLAN did indeed the trick!
It also seems to not work, if a LAN-cable is plugged in. No difference if I am
correctly connected (to the internet/gateway) or not (wrong IP, e.g. static
given IP instead of mandatory DHCP)
Again: deactivating the relevant LAN helps
It seems, that in contrast to LAN, for WLAN it makes a difference, if I'm
connected to some network or not. If not connected, it seems to work, without
deactivating the whole hardware.
If you're only running on a single machine, you can deactivate the network
transports in Open MPI and only used the shared memory transport.  That should
allow you to run without deactivating any hardware.  E.g.

     mpirun --mca btl sm,self ...