Howard,

I have no infinipath hardware, but the infinipath libraries are installed.
I tried to run with --mca mtl_psm_priority 0 instead of --mca mtl ^psm
but that did not work.
without psm mtl, I was unable to reproduce the persistent communication
issue,
so I concluded there was only one issue here.

do you configure with --disable-dlopen on hopper ?
I wonder whether --mca mtl ^psm is effective if dlopen is disabled

Cheers,

Gilles