Am 17.03.2016 um 10:40 schrieb Ralph Castain:
> Just some thoughts offhand:
>
> * what version of OMPI are you using?

dpkg -l openmpi-bin says 1.6.5-8 from Ubuntu 14.04.

> * are you saying that after the warm reboot, all 48 procs are running on a
> subset of cores?

Yes. After a cold boot all 48 processses are spread over all 48 cores
and all cores show up as almost 100% in the htop cpu meter.

After a warm boot, the 48 processes are just spread over a few cores and
the rest of the system is idling.

> * it sounds like some of the cores have been marked as “offline” for some
> reason. Make sure you have hwloc installed on the machine, and run “lstopo”
> and see if that is the case

I tried with lstopo, but the graphics that I got look almost similar.
The visible difference is in the sort of topology for the graphics
adapter and the LAN cards. The path to the graphics shows 2 times the
numbers 4,0 above the lines and the path to the eth0 shows 2 times the
numbers 0,2 above the lines. lstopo for the warm boot looks identical,
but those small numbers are missing now.

I also tried with hwloc-gather-topology and diff'd the 2 results. There
is nothing special to see. Differneces in /proc/stats/ and
/proc/cpuinfo, but nothing special, just ohter values.

Something is obviously wrong on a low level, but I'm still struggling to
find it. :-/

Rainer
--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Rainer Koenig
Project Manager Linux Clients

Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Bürgermeister-Ullrich-Str. 100
86199 Augsburg
Germany

Telephone: +49-821-804-3321
Telefax:   +49-821-804-2131
Mail:      mailto:rainer.koe...@ts.fujitsu.com

Internet         ts.fujtsu.com
Company Details  ts.fujitsu.com/imprint.html