Gilles,

I managed to get snapshots of all the /proc/<pid>/status entries for all
liggghts jobs, but the Cpus_allowed ist similar no matter if the system
was cold or warm booted.

Then I looked around in /proc/ and found sched_debug.

This at least shows, that the liggghts-processes are not spread over all
cores. Some cores just have on of those, some have none and some have many.

I agree that the problem that the processes are not spread over all
cores is a consequence but not the root cause. This means I now need to
find out how the kernel scheduler decides on which core a process should
run and why he can spread 48 tasks over 48 cores when I cold boot the
machine and can't when I warm boot it.

So I guess I have to proceed to the linux kernel mailing list with this
issue. Another thing that points towards the kernel is that yesterday I
installed a newer 4.4.0 kernel on the machine and the problem is still
there, but not that worse than on the 4.2 kernel.

I also tried mpirun -mca... but that didn't change anything.

Thanks for your input anyway, at least I now have a sched_debug
snapshot, maybe that is helpful in the further investigation.

Regards
Rainer

--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Rainer Koenig
Project Manager Linux Clients
Dept. PDG WPS R&D SW OSE

Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Bürgermeister-Ullrich-Str. 100
86199 Augsburg
Germany

Telephone: +49-821-804-3321
Telefax:   +49-821-804-2131
Mail:      mailto:rainer.koe...@ts.fujitsu.com

Internet         ts.fujtsu.com
Company Details  ts.fujitsu.com/imprint.html