Thanks for the responses, and it's great to know that you found the OMPIP
bug in 2.x for dynamic process management. I tried some of the other MPI
libraries for my project as well, but Open MPI seemed to be by far the best
in terms of being bug-free for my code!

Lisandro, I will subscribe and check out the mailing list, thanks for the
link.

At the moment my examples need to be cleaned up quite a bit. I will be the
examples here <https://github.com/jjmaldonis/mpi-parallelization>, and I
can let you know when they are much better (and better organized).

The files testmpi.f90 and spawn_multiple_loop.py that I wrote were very
helpful once I learned how to write them. The fortran program uses split
communicators to run multiple executables at once on different data (MPMD),
and the spawn_multiple_loop.py file uses mpi4py to call those executables
simultaneously and collect the results.

At the moment I am thinking I'll split this up into 2-3 examples that build
on each other to explain how it works. I definitely need to clean them up
first though, and I'll let you know when they are better.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Maldonis
Research Assistant of Professor Paul Voyles
Materials Science Grad Student
University of Wisconsin, Madison
1509 University Ave, Rm 202
Madison, WI 53706