Christophe,

I have no reason to suspect the compiler.

By default, the embedded libevent is used.
FWIW. homebrew uses libevent 2.1.8, but once again, I have no reason
to suspect the embedded library is wrong.

My best bet is you first upgrade your operating system, since Maverick
is pretty old now.

Cheers,

Gilles