Understood.  But since the OpenMPI versions in question are not listed as
supported on the ARM/Allinea product page, I thought I’d ask if it is
_supposed_ to work before bothering folks with details.

In the meantime, ARM/Allinea has responded so I’ll provide them with the
details.  But, in short, DDT can’t seem to attach to the 3.0 processes/ranks
and just hangs trying.  Using the same code, that doesn’t happen with OpenMPI
1.10.2 nor IntelMPI 5.1.1.  This is under RHEL 7.4 and launching with srun
under SLURM 16.05.11 (for those who want to know).

Thanks for the replies,

Charlie