Well, good question. To be fair, the test passes if you run it with a lower
number of processes. In addition, I had a couple of years back a discussion on
that with one of the HDF5 developers, and it seemed to be ok to run it this way.

That being said, after thinking about it a bit, I think the fix to properly
support it is at this point relatively easy, I will try to make it work in the
next couple of days (there was a big chunk of code brought in for another fix
last year in fall, and I think we have actually everything in place to properly
support the atomicity operations).

Edgar