Paul,

My ifort eval license on OSX has expired so I cannot test myself,
sorry about that.

It has been reported that -Wl,-force_load fixed the issue.
Could you please double check that by

cd ompi/mpi/fortran/use-mpi-f08
make
rm libmpi_usempif08.la
make V=1 libmpi_usempif08.la

assuming libtool was manually updated, you should see
-Wl,-force_load,...la
instead of
-force_load,...la

if -Wl,-force_load is used but the library are not picked, then this
is yet an other issue

Cheers,

Gilles