Can you send all the information listed under "For compile problems" (please
compress!):

    https://www.open-mpi.org/community/help/

From: users <users-boun...@lists.open-mpi.org> on behalf of Cici Feng via users
<users@lists.open-mpi.org>
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2022 5:30 AM
To: Open MPI Users
Cc: Cici Feng
Subject: Re: [OMPI users] help with M1 chip macOS openMPI installation

Hi George,

Thanks so much with the tips and I have installed Rosetta in order for my
computer to run the Intel software. However, the same error appears as I tried
to make the file for the OMPI and here's how it looks:

../../../../opal/threads/thread_usage.h(163): warning #266: function
"opal_atomic_swap_ptr" declared implicitly

  OPAL_THREAD_DEFINE_ATOMIC_SWAP(void *, intptr_t, ptr)

  ^

In file included from ../../../../opal/class/opal_object.h(126),

                 from ../../../../opal/dss/dss_types.h(40),

                 from ../../../../opal/dss/dss.h(32),

                 from pmix3x_server_north.c(27):

../../../../opal/threads/thread_usage.h(163): warning #120: return value type
does not match the function type

  OPAL_THREAD_DEFINE_ATOMIC_SWAP(void *, intptr_t, ptr)

  ^

pmix3x_server_north.c(157): warning #266: function "opal_atomic_rmb" declared
implicitly

      OPAL_ACQUIRE_OBJECT(opalcaddy);

      ^

  CCLD     mca_pmix_pmix3x.la<http://mca_pmix_pmix3x.la>

Making all in mca/pstat/test

  CCLD     mca_pstat_test.la<http://mca_pstat_test.la>

Making all in mca/rcache/grdma

  CCLD     mca_rcache_grdma.la<http://mca_rcache_grdma.la>

Making all in mca/reachable/weighted

  CCLD     mca_reachable_weighted.la<http://mca_reachable_weighted.la>

Making all in mca/shmem/mmap

  CCLD     mca_shmem_mmap.la<http://mca_shmem_mmap.la>

Making all in mca/shmem/posix

  CCLD     mca_shmem_posix.la<http://mca_shmem_posix.la>

Making all in mca/shmem/sysv

  CCLD     mca_shmem_sysv.la<http://mca_shmem_sysv.la>

Making all in tools/wrappers

  CCLD     opal_wrapper

  "_opal_atomic_add_fetch_32", referenced from:

      import-atom in libopen-pal.dylib

  "_opal_atomic_compare_exchange_strong_32", referenced from:

      import-atom in libopen-pal.dylib

  "_opal_atomic_compare_exchange_strong_ptr", referenced from:

      import-atom in libopen-pal.dylib

  "_opal_atomic_lock", referenced from:

      import-atom in libopen-pal.dylib

  "_opal_atomic_lock_init", referenced from:

      import-atom in libopen-pal.dylib

  "_opal_atomic_mb", referenced from:

      import-atom in libopen-pal.dylib

  "_opal_atomic_rmb", referenced from:

      import-atom in libopen-pal.dylib

  "_opal_atomic_sub_fetch_32", referenced from:

      import-atom in libopen-pal.dylib

  "_opal_atomic_swap_32", referenced from:

      import-atom in libopen-pal.dylib

  "_opal_atomic_swap_ptr", referenced from:

      import-atom in libopen-pal.dylib

  "_opal_atomic_unlock", referenced from:

      import-atom in libopen-pal.dylib

  "_opal_atomic_wmb", referenced from:

      import-atom in libopen-pal.dylib

make[2]: *** [opal_wrapper] Error 1

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I am not sure if the ld part affects the making process or not. Either way,
error 1 appears as the "opal_wrapper" which I think has been the error I kept
encoutering.

Is there any explanation to this specific error?

ps. the configure command I used is as followed, provided by the official
website of MARE2DEM

sudo  ./configure --prefix=/opt/openmpi CC=icc CXX=icc F77=ifort FC=ifort \
lt_prog_compiler_wl_FC='-Wl,';
make all install

Thanks again,
Cici

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 11:18 PM George Bosilca via users