Hello,
I am new to openmpi, but would like to use it for ORCA calculations, and plan
to run codes on the 10 processors of my macbook pro.  I installed this
manually and also through homebrew with similar results.  I am able to
compile codes with mpicc and run them as native codes, but everything that
I attempt with mpirun, mpiexec just freezes.  I can end the program by
typing 'control C' twice, but it continues to run in the background and
requires me to 'kill <pid>'.
even as simple as 'mpirun uname' freezes

I have tried one installation by: 'arch -arm64 brew install openmpi '
and a second by downloading the source file, './configure
--prefix=/usr/local', 'make all', make install

the commands: 'which mpicc', 'which 'mpirun', etc are able to find them on
the path... it just hangs.

Can anyone suggest how to fix the problem of the program hanging?
Thanks!
Scott