Hi Carlos,

Thanks a lot for proposal! We will try to estimate it as well as other possible solutions to take a decision.

Regards,
Nikolay.

Carlos Martín Sánchez wrote on 14/04/14 13:39:
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 8:29 AM, <kna...@gmail.com <mailto:kna...@gmail.com>>
wrote:

    Dear all,

    as far as I understand from [1] in the current stable OpenNebula release
(v.4.4) it's not
    possible to set user quotas be valid for a given period of time.
    We would like to implement the following scenario. Split all cloud users
into two categories: 1)
    permanent and 2) temporal. Users from the second category can use cloud
resources only during
    certain period of time. And e.g. one week/month before quotas are expired
the user will get
    notification via email. He can ignore it if he is not going to use cloud
resources any longer or
    ask for prolongation.

    Best regards,
    Nikolay.

    [1]
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.__4/administration/users_and___groups/quota_auth.html

<http://docs.opennebula.org/4.4/administration/users_and_groups/quota_auth.html>

No, that particular use case is not supported out of the box.
You can however implement it using the following tools:
* The quotas can be updated through the cli [1], ruby [2] or java [3] api.
* You can be notified when new users are created using hooks [4].
* You can define ACL rules to modify what a user can/cannot do.
* You shouldn't need it for your requirements, but you can also create custom
authentication and
authorization drivers [5]

Regards

[1] http://docs.opennebula.org/doc/4.4/cli/oneuser.1.html