When doing searches in Kibana, I get error messages similar to "Courier
Fetch: 919 of 2020 shards failed".  Deeper inspection reveals errors like
this: "EsRejectedExecutionException[rejected execution (queue capacity
1000) on
org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction$23@14522b8e]".

A bit of investigation lead me to conclude that our Elasticsearch server
was not sufficiently powerful, but I spun up a new one with four times the
CPU and RAM of the original one, but the queue capacity is still only
1000.  Also, 2020 seems like a really ridiculous number of shards.  Any
idea what's going on here?

--

Alex Wauck // DevOps Engineer

*E X O S I T E*