In my limited experimentation I had problems with NFS PVs getting wiped out
even though the policy was set to Retain. In fact I ended up in this
situation where if I created a file in the NFS volume it was deleted in
front of my eyes in a few seconds. Obviously I did something very wrong
with the PV.  I've found mounting the NFS volume directly into the pod as
Seth suggested a lot easier.  I also was unable to force a particular PV to
be bound to a PVC. They seem to work like a pool and you get what you get.
So if you have an existing nfs volume with data you want to mount into a
particular pod there might not be a way of doing that with PV's but I would
love to be proven wrong by others.