On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Thorvald Hallvardsson <
thorvald.hallvards...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run jenkins on OpenShift to integrate it nicely with
> pipelines and OAUTH. I have done that in the past and it was all working
> but I'm trying to reproduce what I used to do before and it simply doesn't
> work. I don't know why but from one version to another OpenShift is
> becominbg more and more pain.
>
> I was following official blog article https://blog.
> openshift.com/openshift-pipelines-jenkins-blue-ocean/ which used to work
> however jenkins changed something now and that build simply doesn't work
> anymore:
> Cloning "https://github.com/siamaksade/jenkins-blueocean.git"; ...
> WARNING: timed out waiting for git server, will wait 1m4s
> Commit: 70cff8557908b592d291e6ea0b3a018069b61324 (updated README)
> Author: Siamak Sadeghianfar <ssade...@redhat.com>
> Date: Thu Apr 6 18:48:41 2017 +0700
> ---> Copying repository files ...
> ---> Installing Jenkins 0 plugins using /opt/openshift/plugins.txt ...
> Creating initial locks...
> Locking blueocean:1.0.0
> Analyzing war...
> Downloading plugins...
> Downloading plugin: blueocean from https://updates.jenkins-ci.
> org/download/plugins/blueocean/1.0.0/blueocean.hpi
> Downloading plugin: blueocean-plugin from https://updates.jenkins-ci.
> org/download/plugins/blueocean-plugin/1.0.0/blueocean-plugin.hpi
> Failed to download plugin: blueocean or blueocean-plugin
> Failed to install plugins.
> error: build error: non-zero (13) exit code from
> openshift/jenkins-2-centos7@sha256:ad29fc43c3f9015a0fdbb3f3ba366f
> f511303f7f3a0bbb1bc4652ecf70eb3712
>
> Simply because second link drops 404... blueocean-plugin.hpi doesn't exist
> anymore.

Sounds like some stuff has bit-rotted in that blog, CCing Siamak in case he
has time to update it.

But note that we do already install blue ocean in our jenkins centos image
and we'll be adding it to our rhel image most likely in 3.7.

> I decided OK... I don't need blueocean so I will just go for standard
> Jenkins from OpenShift templates. That did install successfuly but when I
> click on the link it asks for username and password (on Jenkins screen) so
> simply OAUTH doesn't work at all.
>
> The pod has
> # oc exec jenkins-1-28l8x env |grep -i auth
> OPENSHIFT_ENABLE_OAUTH=true
>
> it is running but ... yeah how do I integrate it with my pipelines? Any
> ideas?

Gabe and Mo (on CC) have added some debug for oauth flow failures, what
version of openshift are you running and can you provide openshift master
logs and jenkins pod logs?

> Thanks!

Ben Parees | OpenShift