I am running openshift origin 3.6 ( kube v1.6.1+5115d708d7) in AWS. Ansible
inventory contains cloud provider configuration and I can see the config
files on the master nodes.

       *# From inventory*
*       # AWS*
*       openshift_cloudprovider_kind=aws*
*       openshift_cloudprovider_aws_access_key="{{
lookup('env','AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID') }}"*
*       openshift_cloudprovider_aws_secret_key="{{
lookup('env','AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY') }}"*

*I have also provisioned a storageclass *

*       # oc get storageclass*
*       NAME             TYPE*
*       fast (default)   kubernetes.io/aws-ebs
<http://kubernetes.io/aws-ebs>*
*However, when i try to create a pvc:*

*        kind: "PersistentVolumeClaim"*
*        apiVersion: "v1"*
*        metadata:*
*          name: "testclaim"*
*          namespace: testns*
*        spec:*
*          accessModes:*
*            - "ReadWriteOnce"*
*          resources:*
*            requests:*
*              storage: "3Gi"*
*          storageClassName: fast*
It just goes in infinite loop trying to get the pvc created. Events show me
this error:

       *(combined from similar events): Failed to provision volume with
StorageClass "fast": UnauthorizedOperation: You are not authorized to
perform this operation. Encoded authorization failure message:
$(encoded-message) status code: 403, request id:
d0742e84-a2e1-4bfd-b642-c6f1a61ddc1b*

Unfortunately I cannot decode the encoded message using aws cli as it gives
error.

       *aws sts decode-authorization-message -–encoded-message
$(encoded-message) *
*       Error: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert
both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal*

I have now also tried pv+pvc and using that in a pod. Everything gets
created and I can see the claim. However when I try to mount it, I see
similar errors with permission denied. Any pointers please.

So far I have been able to deploy pods, services etc and they seem to be
working fine.