> Hi,
>
> I would like some help from you guys if possible.
>
> I am trying to mount a directory on my host machine to my OpenShift
> instance.
>
> As per the kubernetes document here
> <https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/storage/volumes/#hostpath> , it
> mentions that changing the pod spec by simply adding the hostPath volume
> should work, however, when I do that,  OpenShift throws an error whereby it
> says that I am not permitted to modify other than a few handful.

If you provide also error message, we'll be able to provide a better
solution for you.

As far I remember Kubernetes doesn't allow to _modify_ all the pod fields
but only subset of them. Have you tried to _create_ a pod instead of
editing it?

Is there any way to get this permission? I already have added set the
> allowHostDirVolumePlugin to true and my containers run as root.

So, you've already seen this
https://docs.openshift.org/1.2/admin_guide/manage_scc.html#use-the-hostpath-volume-plugin
?

--