Hi Peter,

We have the same case in one of our OpenShift deployments. We decided to experiment with router sharding.

https://blog.openshift.com/openshift-router-sharding-for-production-and-development-traffic/

On 8/30/18 3:07 PM, David Conde wrote:
Hi Peter,

Hopefully https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.9/architecture/networking/routes.html#whitelist will sort you out.

Dave

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 1:54 PM Peter Heitman <pe...@heitman.us <mailto:pe...@heitman.us>> wrote:

    In my deployment there are 5 routes - two of them are from
    OpenShift (docker-registry and registry-console) and three of them
    are specific to my application. Of the 5, 4 of them are
    administrative and shouldn't be accessed by just anyone on the
    Internet. One of my application's route is required to be accessed
    by 'anyone' on the Internet.

    My question is, what is the best practice to achieve this
    restriction? Is there a way to set IP address or subnet
    restrictions on a route? Do I need to set up separate nodes and
    separate routers so that I can use a firewall to restrict access
    to the 4 routes and allow access to the Internet service? Any
    suggestions?

    Peter

Regards,
Ahmed Ossama